Thursday, May 27, 2021

Size/Muscle in swimming

Hi guys,

I am a 16 year old guy swimming in Ireland right now. I swim 50 meters long course in 26.13 seconds and 100 meters in 56.47 seconds. I am 187 (6 ft 2) and about 62kg or about 135 pounds (so I am quite small). The seniors on the national team all weigh about 85kg. I haven’t started gym training yet and start next year. Although i was wondering if I were to go from 62 to 85kg in the next 3 or 4 years (assuming I do it all through healthy means and all muscle groups built solely for swimming), how much would that size difference take of my 50 meter time. Assuming I also continuing training 15-20 hours a week, is a 3-4 second time drop even possible (as I need a 22.9 or a 50.0 to make the national team 😭😅). Has anyone ever closed a gap like that or knows someone that has?

submitted by /u/TraditionalAd6977
[link] [comments]

No comments:

Post a Comment